Saturday, June 13, 2009

Days of Our Lives

Three guesses where my inspiration came from for this post :)

I grew up with a mother who was very hearing impaired. We never learned or used sign language, she could understand you if you looked straight at her and spoke loudly and clearly. But we did have a few deaf-person concessions we had to make, such as constant closed captioning at the bottom of the TV screen so she could follow shows. One of my best memories of that is Days of Our Lives. She was usually too busy during the day to catch it (the only soap she watched), but at night she would fire up the VCR and watch that day's episode. I would stay up with her often and was embarrassingly caught up in Sami, Lucas, Austin, and Carrie. And I was a dedicated viewer during Marlena's demon possession LOL.

Yesterday I sat down at the TV with some lunch and guess what happened to be on? I haven't caught an episode of Days in years, literally. I was shocked to find myself recognizing people (Stefano! Lucas!) and falling right back into the plot. Definitely not an addiction I need to pick back up! :)

So here is today's offering:

LINK EXPIRED

Any Days fans out there?

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Jun. 13, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thank you so much! I am a Days fan from DAY ONE...I was in college when Days started, and I set my schedule around it so I could run back to the dorm to see it. Fastforward to newly married with kids...my kids were raised on it. (They too still come by sometimes and will remember the characters). I didn't go back to work until VCRs were affordable. I then watched it every night. I continue to watch it every day...since 1965!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, thank you so much! I am a Days fan from DAY ONE...I was in college when Days started, and I set my schedule around it so I could run back to the dorm to see it. Fastforward to newly married with kids...my kids were raised on it. (They too still come by sometimes and will remember the characters). I didn't go back to work until VCRs were affordable. I then watched it every night. I continue to watch it every day...since 1965!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...I hit Post twice. (red face...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom has been a fan as long as I can remember....Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you! I remember sitting with my mom and grandma watching "the story" and crocheting. Must have been a "tween" at the time, even though we weren't called that then. Got hubby hooked while we were painting our home and watching it on VCR. Gave up during Marlena's possession (so guess you got me beat there), then again when everyone "died". Even wrote a letter of complaint about "how dare they kill grandma Horton." Back watching it a bit because it looks as if it will soon be gone - last contract was only for 18 months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watch that show. Have for years. I Tivo it and watch at night. Thanks. I certainly will be using this on one of my layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your element. I'm a fan and have been since Day 1. I've taken breaks when the story lines were stupid and ridiculous though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am auch a fan I have watched it for 16 years LOL half my life LOL I TVO it and watch it everyday LOL thanks for the element

    ReplyDelete