Friday, November 27, 2009

Dear God, We Gratefully Bow Our Heads

Hope everyone had a great holiday yesterday. Mine was nice, my whole family showed up and it was peaceful and pleasant. Lots of yummy turkey and watching all my nieces and nephews be generally cute :)

One thing that really struck me yesterday, that I wasn't expecting, was how I missed my Grandpa saying grace. It was always very simple, said with head bowed and hands folded. Something to the effect of: "Dear Lord, please bless this food to the nourishment of our bodies, direct and guide us, in Jesus name, Amen." How I miss his voice blessing our meals. I wish with I had a recording of his grace. It is a precious piece of my life, lost.

One more note about grace.. Growing up my immediate family did not pray, but grace was said faithfully at my grandparents' house. And all the adults thought it was so sweet to hear my sisters and I chorus, "God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for this food. Amen." And this went on for years.. Then one year I decided us children should coordinate a new prayer -for Thanksgiving!- and recite it instead, to surprise the grown ups. We were around the ages of 10(me), 6, and 4 years old, three sisters. I coached them for weeks in secret - although I know my parents knew what was going on. The end result wasn't the greatest, but that silly prayer remains firmly stuck in my head. I got it out of a prayer book for children, I wish I had that book... Anyway, today's freebie IS that prayer, how cute is that?

Customers please note: I will be emailing the file to you as soon as I receive the confirmation of payment from PayPal. If the email you would like your file sent to differs from your PayPal account's then please let me know. You will receive your file within 24 hours (but probably much quicker). ANY questions, please feel free to email me, I know I'm working through kinks here :)
Today's bunch for sale:

$2.00






And today's freebie:

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Nov. 28, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this word art. Thank you So Much!

    ReplyDelete